Webinar Module IV on Mainstreaming City-Level Climate Action
In collaboration with the European Union International Urban Cooperation programme, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) is delivering a capacity building programme on 'Mainstreaming Urban Climate Action' . The programme includes four short webinar modules focusing on building the capacity and knowledge of practitioners in urban local bodies (ULBs), state representatives, policy experts, researchers, scholars, and university students.
This Webinar Module IV on 'Mainstreaming City-Level Climate Action' is the last module of the series and provides an understanding of urban resilience and its significance. The module also focuses on the core drivers of urban resilience that are necessary for the mainstreaming of climate action at the city level, such as data management, stakeholder engagement, and capacity building. The Webinar is accompanied by a resource module and an informative video which will be available to the participants.On 1st October 2020, 03:00 PM - 03:30 PM IST
Key objectives of Webinar Module IV:
- Inform the target audience on the existing policy environment and institutional arrangements for resilience building and mainstreaming climate action.
- Provide an understanding of capacity building mechanisms for stakeholders in the local context.
- Delve into the frameworks, implementation processes, and stakeholders involved in various climate strategies.
The benefits of Webinar Module IV are:
- Providing an interactive and collaborative platform for participants/viewers to foster partnerships for building resilience in cities.
- Offering directions to participants/viewers for implementing and adopting effective data-driven governance mechanisms.
- Generating awareness and sensitization amongst urban practitioners and providing participants/viewers with an opportunity to hone decision-making skills for mainstreaming climate action at the city-level.