Webinar Module I on Impact of Climate Change on Cities
TERI, in collaboration with the European Union International Urban Cooperation programme, are delivering a capacity building programme on ‘Mainstreaming Urban Climate Action’. The programme includes four webinar modules focusing on building the capacity and knowledge of practitioners in urban local bodies (ULBs), state representatives, policy experts, researchers, scholars and university students.
This Webinar Module I on 'Impacts of Climate Change on Cities' is the first of the series and focuses on the conceptual understanding of climate change, its causes, impacts, projections and linkages between the cities and climate change. The impact of climate change on the urban fabric and various sectors such as water resources, transportation, energy, and emissions will also be discussed. The Webinar is accompanied by a resource module and an informative video which will be available to the participants.On 10th September 2020, 03:00 PM - 03:30 PM IST
Key objectives of Webinar Module I:
- Sensitize and build awareness on climate change issues and impacts on cities and the different sectors, such as buildings and transportation.
- Understand several terminologies and concepts that are essential to gain insight towards climate-related risks and extreme events, such as hazard, vulnerability, and exposure.
- Empower the target audience to address challenges in the city and gauge the application of climate change knowledge in policy, decision-making and governance.
The benefits of Webinar Module I are:
- Providing an interactive and collaborative platform for participants/viewers to jointly identify and discuss climate change issues and challenges in cities for tackling context and sector-specific issues.
- Establishing an easily accessible knowledge repository for understanding key terminologies for climate change impacts on cities.
- Generating awareness on calculating disaster risk for cities and avenues for minimizing the risks for vulnerable populations.