Webinar on "Natural Ventilation in Built Environment" under Training and Knowledge Webinar Series on Sustainable Buildings
TERI brings out a series of webinars especially designed to create capacities of professionals and students, and to equip them to undertake sustainable and green development.
On 7th - 10th October 2020, 15:00 - 17:00 hrs IST
Our certificate courses are specifically put together to strengthen skills and develop concepts related to energy and resource efficient building design.
Each webinar contains
- Demonstration of software-based tools and empirical calculations to help you understand the impact of each design decision and to pave your way towards robust sustainable design.
- Stimulating exercises of 30-minutes to help you grasp and apply the knowledge acquired from each session.
- Quick quizzes to build concentration and synergy.
- Multiple Q&A Sessions for immediate resolution of doubts and queries.
The series offers a wide range of topics that takes you step by step through the process of integrating sustainability in the built environment.
Natural Ventilation in Built Environment
It is the second webinar in the series being conducted from 7th and 10th October 2020 after successfully launching the first webinar on Climate Responsive Design Strategies in July 2020. The webinar is focused on natural ventilation and its influence on the built environment with IES as Knowledge Partners. The session stresses on designing naturally ventilated spaces by utilising climate variables such as wind speed and wind direction. The session will also address advantages of natural ventilation design in aiding fresh air to achieve thermal comfort in solar passive design process. Statistics on reduction of air conditioning through heating & cooling process and its impact on fossil fuels reduction and subsequent carbon emissions, will also be discussed. In the current scenario of COVID-19 pandemic, the role of fresh air circulation and naturally ventilated spaces in preventing the transmission is of paramount importance.
The course helps in understanding the fundamentals of air flow and natural ventilation in built environment, performing simple airflow analysis using empirical calculations, CFD simulation in IESVE software.
There is a choice to register for technical lecture sessions or software sessions or both, while the registrations for software sessions are limited to 100.
- DAY 1: Concepts of Airflow and Natural Ventilation (2 hours)
Introduction to the basics of airflow and natural ventilation, and its relation to the built environment and understanding of influence of natural ventilation on thermal comfort.
- DAY 2: Empirical Analysis and Case Studies of Natural Ventilation (2 hours)
Airflow analysis and thumb rules using empirical calculations, and a compilation of several case studies for an understanding of how airflow is dealt in real-time projects.
- DAY 3 & 4: IESVE Tool for CFD Simulation (4 hours)
Demonstration of using IESVE tool: geometry modelling in ModelIT and performing macro and micro level wind simulations (external and internal) using MacroFlo and MicroFlo.
- Limited period license (10 days) for IESVE for hands-on exploration of the software (Minimum system requirements for installation of IESVE are available here).
- Complete course material including tool templates, exercises and presentations to assist in completing the exercises.
- Post-programme support for a week on queries and exercises.
- Digital Certificate on Successful Completion of the Training and Exercises.
Who should participate?
Architects, Engineers, Other Building Industry Professionals, Researchers, Academicians, Graduate Students, Government Officers, ULB officials etc.
Registration Fees (inclusive of GST)
|General Participant||Student/ Group (>10 participants)|
|Technical Session only
(DAY 1 & 2)
|Software Session only
(DAY 3 & 4)*
|Full Webinar (Technical + Software Sessions)
(DAYS 1 to 4)*
*Limited seats for the software session.
*For discount on group registrations of more than 10 participants, please contact: email@example.com.
Google Classroom shall be used for sharing course material, exercises, support etc. In case you will be registering with a different email ID, kindly email your gmail ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
1. Before registration, participants shall ensure availability of resources such as uninterrupted internet connection, administrative rights for installation of software, system requirements for software compatibility, etc.
2. Registrations shall be confirmed upon receipt of full fee. No refund is applicable.
3. Participants are encouraged to install the software beforehand. Support for installation process may be provided by TERI/IES, if required.
4. Participants are recommended to log in to the webinar 15 minutes in advance to the scheduled time, so that any issues in the log in process can be resolved prior to the start of the webinar, to enable smooth flow and adherence to the schedule.
5. In case of any unforeseen incidents, the webinar may be rescheduled.
About TERI's Building Science Training Centre in Bengaluru
For more than two decades, the Sustainable Habitat Division in TERI has been involved in carrying out Research and Facilitation of Sustainable Construction and Green Buildings in India. The knowledge obtained through Research and Consultancy is disseminated through training programs to building industry stakeholders for enhancing their capacities to achieve sustainable construction in the country.