TERI and Cadmus launch Project I-SMART to simplify rooftop solar installation for domestic and business consumers
21 May 2019
The initiative aims to aggregate demand for 1,000 MW rooftop solar systems across four states and two UTs
12 Apr 2019
TERI submitted a detailed reference report on 'National Resource Efficiency Policy for India' to MoEF&CC
- Improving use of resources, through adoption of a Resource Efficiency strategy, will be key to India's sustained high growth and enhanced wellbeing
- Material consumption in India has increased by more than six times - from 1.18 billion tonnes in 1970 to more than 7 billion tonnes in 2017
- The rate of recycling in India is at 20-25% as compared to developed countries like Europe
Department of Biotechnology and TERI set up platform to orient nanobiotechnology research towards real-world solutions
13 Mar 2019
The platform will focus on promoting translational research to convert nanobiotechnology research to practical applications
March 13, New Delhi: The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, and the TERI-Deakin Nanobiotechnology Centre (TDNBC) have set up Nanobiotech@DBT, India’s first platform to bring together the nanobiotechnology community and translate lab-based research into practical applications that benefit society.
TERI signs MoU with WAPCOS to pursue opportunities in areas of water, power and infrastructural development
05 Mar 2019
MoU signed on the side-lines of the 4th India Water Forum, 2019 in New Delhi
India can achieve 30% of variable renewable energy generation by 2030 at no extra cost: ETC India report
13 Feb 2019
Potential to reach 45% zero carbon generation, including hydro and nuclear ...while more than doubling electricity consumption ...and not raising consumer costs
13 Feb 2019
- Six EU Member States and key institutions to join IEWP in its effort to support river rejuvenation project in India within the India-EU Water Partnership
- 50 EU and Indian businesses come together to explore opportunities in the Indian water sector
12 Feb 2019
New Delhi, February 12, 2019: As one of the thematic tracks of WSDS 2019, TERI and the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) , under the aegis of International Climate Initiative (IKI) and the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), held the session "Leveraging the 'Co-benefits' of Renewable Energy in India – Report Launch".
India on track to fulfilling climate commitments: Harsh Vardhan at World Sustainable Development Summit 2019
11 Feb 2019
Resource Efficiency Cell in collaboration with TERI to help frame blueprint for national integrated resource efficiency policy
- Hon'ble Prime Minister of Fiji Frank Bainimarama conferred with 'Sustainable Development Leadership Award 2019'
- The World Sustainable Development Summit 2019 to reiterate India's vision for a greener tomorrow and to focus on energy transitions, clean oceans, mobilising development finance, environmental sustainability and sustainable mobility
TERI and STEAG launch Containerised Solar PV Solutions to provide clean energy to off-grid populations
04 Feb 2019
The system is expected to generate around 10,000 kWh per year and will remain on display near the TERI building in India Habitat Centre, New Delhi till the World Sustainable Development Summit
01 Feb 2019
Though an interim budget, it includes some new schemes that can have far reaching impact. An important one is the scheme of cash transfer to farmers. The scheme could have been made conditional to performance on specific state-relevant issues like linking it to land improvement, water use efficiency or region specific performance like management of crop residue in states like Punjab, Haryana and UP. This could have also been linked to MGNREGA (e.g.