Northeast India has the most potential for bio-economy: Dr Renu Swarup, Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, at TERI event
22 Jan 2019
Her lecture was part of TERI's celebration of 25 years of its Northeastern Regional Centre in Guwahati
Guwahati, January 22: Northeast India has the maximum potential for bio-economy and the Eastern Himalayas can take the sector forward in the country, Dr Renu Swarup, Secretary, Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt of India, said on Tuesday.
TERI launches its Solar Rooftop Project & lays the Foundation Stone of the TERI-Maxop Solar Water Pump and Testing Laboratory
16 Jan 2019
- TERI and Fourth Partner Energy to offer end-to-end services in solar installations to assist industrial and commercial clients in evaluation, design, planning, financing & implementation of solar roof top projects across India
- Around 3 lakh units to be generated annually from solar plant resulting in greenhouse gas (GHG) savings of 272 tonnes of CO2 per year
11 Jan 2019
Cycling for short distances can result in an annual benefit of INR 1.8 trillion to the Indian economy, which is equivalent to 1.6% of India's annual GDP
- Shifting only half of all the short-distance work trips, which typically take place through cars and two-wheelers, to cycling can result in massive savings in the fuel expenditure. This analysis undertaken for 2015-16 revealed that India could save INR 27 billion from personal fuel savings (refer Figure 7a in the report), 0.35 MTOE annually and reduce CO2 emissions.
26 Dec 2018
TERI and Maxop signed an agreement on Wednesday to set up the facility at TERI's centre in Gwal Pahadi, Gurugram
New Delhi, December 26: The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) and Maxop Research and Testing Institute today signed an agreement to set up the 'TERI-Maxop Solar Testing and Research Facility' at TERI's centre in Gwal Pahadi, Gurugram.
International conference explores nanotechnology-enabled natural alternatives to chemical fertilisers and pesticides
13 Dec 2018
TERI Deakin Nanobiotechnology Centre (TDNBC), in partnership with the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, is organising a two-day international conference on Nanobiotechnology for Agriculture
11 Dec 2018
- Council focuses efforts towards building green cities - Signs two MoUs with Global Association for Corporate Services (GCAS) & with Public Works Department (PWD), Govt of Maharashtra
11 Dec 2018
After the success of Phase 1 of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) project, phase 2 was launched to further strengthen and sustain the education component of providing WASH facilities.
04 Dec 2018
Around 200 farmers enrolled in Paani Bachao, Paise Kamao scheme, 10 felicitated in Bambiwal village
Jalandhar, December 4 2018: A total of 205 farmers have so far enrolled under the Paani Bachao, Paise Kamao pilot initiative of the Direct Benefit Transfer for Electricity (DBTE) to agriculture scheme. Some of these farmers have started receiving money directly into their bank accounts at the rate of Rs.4 per kilowatt hour (kWh) of electricity saved.
Green Building Fraternity come together to discuss opportunities for sustainable habitat in India at the 10th edition of GRIHA Summit
28 Nov 2018
The 10th GRIHA Summit & International Conference on Building Energy Efficiency Transformation is being held from 11th to 13th December, 2018 at New Delhi, will be co-hosted by University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia, Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) & Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in association with GRIHA Council.
TERI launches pilot study to introduce Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) to upgrade power infrastructure
22 Nov 2018
- Study to support implementation of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) in West Bengal on pilot-scale - Held the first project inception meeting today at Bidyut Unnayan Bhavan (HQ of Dept. of Power)