Strengthening Sub-National Actions through robust SAPCCs
Mr Karan Mangotra
TERI and UNEP are organising a joint webinar to address the following key questions
- How can the current institutions be strengthened to address the challenges?
- How can the current policy and regulatory framework be enhanced in order to ensure more effective implementation of the SAPCCs? Can the SAPCCS be a tool for enhancement of the national climate related actions?
- What is the importance of science and scenario building through modelling for enhancing resilience at the sub national level?
- Accessing finance for the implementation of the various interventions under the SAPCCs has been seen as a challenge in many states. What is the scope for exploring innovative models for accessing climate finance?
- What is the importance of cooperation among the different actors in the scenario, such as subnational actors, research institutes, civil societies, etc.? How can it be consolidated further to enhance national ambition and sub national actions?