EU - India webinar on the occasion of World Environment Day 05 June 2020: "Resource Efficiency for Greening of Recovery and fostering Sustainable Economic Growth in a resource constrained world"
Webinar on the occasion of WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY, "Resource Efficiency for Greening of Recovery and fostering Sustainable Economic Growth in a resource constrained world"
The EU Public Diplomacy project in association with the EU-Resource Efficiency Initiative (EU-REI) and support of EU Delegation in India aims to have an informed discussion on the potential linkages of RE with proposed policies by the Government of India and how the former can catalyse the economic recovery while helping India move on the path of sustainable development. TERI is a knowledge partner for this webinar.On 5th June 2020, 03:00 PM - 04:30 PM IST
Specific issues for discussion include:
- In what aspects of the Government of India's recent economic recovery and stimulus package could resource efficiency strategy play a critical role?
- How should the recovery plans for the key sectors of the economy be structured and identification of RE opportunities for enhancing the efficacy of these plans and creating jobs and re-skilling opportunities.
- What are the challenges that the current COVID-19 pandemic has posed to Circular Economy efforts and how can these challenges be addressed?
- How can we build resilience and support for the most vulnerable and affected by the COVID-19 pandemic- the informal employed workforce who are at higher risk of infection and might not also be able to return to work for some time?
- Exchange information and introduce the ‘Lead the Green Change Champions' initiative and also identify business opportunities for EU and India partnerships
The webinar would encapsulate the progress of the EU-REI initiative in India followed by a Panel discussion and a Question and Answer session with the panelists. The webinar would invite thought leaders, policymakers, researchers, practitioners and relevant stakeholders to participate in the discussions. This Webinar will also constitute the first in a four webinar series that TERI will be organizing under the umbrella of the EU-REI project during June-July 2020.
Please register for the webinar by clicking on this link: https://forms.gle/F4AeHs3Tg2rqUbVh8