Implementation Support Agency (ISA) under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) Project under Public Health Engineering Division, Assam
TERI has undertaken a project entitled 'Jal Jeevan Mission Project-2020' in Four PHE Divisions, namely Silchar PHE Division-I, Silchar PHE Division-II, Karimganj PHE Division and Hailakandi PHE Division in three districts of Assam.
The broad objectives of the project are to:
- provide FHTC to every rural household;
- prioritize provision of FHTCs in quality affected areas, villages in drought prone and desert areas, Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) villages, etc.;
- provide functional tap connection to Schools, Anganwadi centres, GP buildings, Health centres, wellness centres and community buildings;
- monitor functionality of tap connections;
- promote and ensure voluntary ownership among local community by way of contribution in cash, kind and/ or labour and voluntary labour (shramdaan);
- assist in ensuring sustainability of water supply system, i.e. water source, water supply infrastructure, and funds for regular O&M;
- empower and develop human resource in the sector such that the demands of construction, plumbing, electrical, water quality management, water treatment, catchment protection, O&M, etc. are taken care of in short- and long-terms;
- bring awareness during different phases of implementation on various aspects and significance of safe drinking water and involvement of stakeholders in manner that make water everyone's business.