Workshop on "Preservation and Conservation of Knowledge and Practices of North East for Sanitation, Cleanliness and related Medical Issues"
TERI and Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region is organzing a workshop on "Preservation and Conservation of Knowledge and Practices of North East for Sanitation, Cleanliness and related Medical Issues" on February 27, 2017 at Jacaranda Hall, India Habitat Center, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
Objectives of the Workshop
- Understand the management and preservation of traditional healing and sanitation practices of North East
- Means and ways to store the tacit and explicit these knowledge
- Implement programs to collect, preserve and disseminate indigenous and local traditional knowledge resources.
- To make available and promote these practices which support research and learning about indigenous and local traditional medicine knowledge, its importance and use in modern society.
- Communicate and increase the outreach and publicize the value, contribution, and importance of indigenous and local traditional knowledge and practices to both non-indigenous and indigenous peoples.