Webinar on Agricultural residue management: Solution to achieve better air quality
Air pollution is a serious concern in India, which becomes even more severe during post-harvest seasons. Agricultural residue burning has emerged out as an important contributor to very high pollution levels during the months of October and November.
On 16th October 2020, 03:00 PM - 04:30 PM IST
In past, several efforts have been made by the central and state government to manage the residues including banning burning of crop residue, subsidy to farmers to acquire farm machinery, use of paddy straw in power plants and incentives to retain paddy residue, however, ground level implementation still remains a major challenge. As we enter the post-harvest period, it is important and timely to discuss the new strategies and plans put in by various agencies for better management of agricultural residues this year.
In this context, TERI is organising a webinar on 16th October 2020 at 3:00-4:30 PM to discuss the pertinent issues related to agricultural residue management, current scenario, and possible way forward. The webinar looks forward to invite regulatory agencies in the states of Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, and Uttar Pradesh; energy development agencies, farmer associations, research institutes, power plants, and private entrepreneurs to discuss key issues related to management of agricultural residues.
We look forward to your kind confirmation and presence in the workshop. We also would like your suggestions to invite other important stakeholders in the event.
- Mr Ajay Shankar, Distinguished Fellow, TERI
- Er. Karunesh Garg, Member Secretary, Punjab Pollution Control Board
- Shri Ashok Kheterpal, Chairman, Haryana State Pollution Control Board
- Shri Ashish Tiwari, Member Secretary, U.P. Pollution Control Board
- Shri M.P Singh, Director, Punjab Energy Development Agency
- Shri Pritpal Singh, Additional Director, Punjab State Council for Science and Technology
- Prof.Virendra Kumar Vijay, IREDA Chair Professor, CRDT, IIT, Delhi
- Shri Amit Kulshreshtha, Additional General Manager, NTPC
- Col. Rohit Dev, Chief Operating Officer, Punjab Renewable Energy Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Shri Harikrishan Saini, Director, Sainsons Paper Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Shri Nirmal Singh, General Secretary, Farmers Association