TERI-DST training programme on 'Green Growth for Sustainable Development (GGSD): The Role of Science, Technology and Innovation'
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) with the support of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), would be conducting four training programmes under the scheme of "National Programme for training of Scientists and Technologists working in Government Sector" in 2018-2019.
The broad objectives of the training programmes are:
- To enable scientists and technologists to understand the emerging policies, practices and implementation mechanisms in the field of Sustainable development, energy, sustainable habitats and climate change,
- Create awareness about new policies, practices and business models that enable application of science and technology with the view to achieve sustainability,
- To enhance the knowledge and skills of participants and provide them multi-disciplinary perspective and a solutions based approach.
The programme would impart training on various aspects of the green growth concept, which builds on a number of existing sustainable development initiatives and the role science, technology and innovation (STI) play in helping countries achieve environmentally sustainable development.
- Development and growth of the green economy and innovation
- Innovation and green growth - theoretical considerations
- India's green growth challenges and the role of science, technology and innovation
- Frameworks and indicators for green growth and innovation
- Policies, strategies and programmes promoting sustainability through fostering innovation
- Greening of innovation systems for innovation-led green growth
- Green growth interventions and their impact
- The political economy of green growth and sustainable development
- Linkages between development outcomes and green interventions, energy and macro-economic models
- Towards inclusive and sustainable innovation - Sector experiences
- Green growth and innovation in developing countries - regional differences
- Practical training/demonstrations with regard to:
- Foresight/Delphi techniques
- Case studies from practitioners from government, multilateral, bilateral and civil society
- Field visits to:
- Technology incubation park
- Rural development programme sites
From: 4th November 2019
To: 8th November 2019
Who can Apply
Scientists / technologists holding scientific posts / working in Scientific Ministries / Departments of Govt. of India and State Government, Autonomous Institutions / Public Sector Undertakings of Central / State Governments, Research and Development Institutions / Research Laboratories of Central / State Governments, Central / State Universities, State Science & Technology Councils.
For details visit here