TERI-DST training programme on 'Development & Research for Sustainable Urbanization & Habitat'
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) with the support of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), would be conducting four training programmes under the scheme of "National Programme for training of Scientists and Technologists working in Government Sector" in 2018-2019.
The broad objectives of the training programmes are:
- To enable scientists and technologists to understand the emerging policies, practices and implementation mechanisms in the field of Sustainable development, energy, sustainable habitats and climate change,
- Create awareness about new policies, practices and business models that enable application of science and technology with the view to achieve sustainability,
- To enhance the knowledge and skills of participants and provide them multi-disciplinary perspective and a solutions based approach.
The one week programme has been designed in a way that it will cover topics at city and at building level. The various themes of the programme will cover sustainability aspects pertaining to energy, water and waste management. Special attention has been given in various sessions to cover technical advancement achieved. Other than sustainability session at city and building level, few sessions on sustainable mobility have been included. Apart from technical session, few sessions on government policies related to energy, renewables, urbanization and mobility etc. have also been included.
The programme has been structured to cover sessions broadly in three modules -
- The first modules will focus broadly at city level and will cover themes on urbanization with bent on government policies and missions.
- The second module is specific to limited sector and will convers themes on energy management, water and solid waste management, Advanced/low cooling energy technologies, building retrofit, Green building rating systems and theme specific building policies.
- The third module is covering various sessions under the umbrella of sustainable mobility/transport. Each modules includes key site visit for better understanding of the participants.
*This training programme is designed with a special focus on energy management in built environment
From: 26th August 2019
To: 30th August 2019
Who can Apply
Scientists / technologists holding scientific posts / working in Scientific Ministries / Departments of Govt. of India and State Government, Autonomous Institutions / Public Sector Undertakings of Central / State Governments, Research and Development Institutions / Research Laboratories of Central / State Governments, Central / State Universities, State Science & Technology Councils.
For details visit here