REtopia 2017: "21st Century Energy Renaissance through Renewables"
The department of Energy and Environment of TERI University is organizing the 7th edition of REtopia, the annual technical symposium, at the TERI University campus on 22nd and 23rd of September, 2017 around the theme "21st Century Energy Renaissance through Renewables". REtopia was started by students from M.Tech. Renewable Energy Engineering and Management (REEM) of the Department of Energy and Environment at TERI University in the year 2011 as an annual technical conclave. The goal of this event is to bring together academicians, industry leaders, and visionaries on one platform to share the best practices and explore the extended role that clean energy can play in the power industry and commercial sectors in our country. The Chief Guest of REtopia 2017 is Mr. Junaid Kamal Ahmad, India Country Director, South Asia, World Bank.
REtopia is one of the prestigious fests of the university portraying successfully a variety of renewable energy opportunities, challenges and possible remedies, motivated by a variety of factors, to address the various components of RE integration into the energy system. It provides a platform for experts from various prospects, students and aspirants of RE, developers and researchers, industrialists, stake holders, policy makers and academicians.
In the past, REtopia has been attended by several dignitaries like Shri Piyush Goyal, Hon'ble Minister of State with independent Charge for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy, Dr. Ashvini Kumar (Director, SECI), Dr. P.C. Maithani (Director, MNRE), Mr. Chintan Shah (President, Suzlon Energy), Mr. Sunil Jain (CEO & Executive Director, Hero Future Energies), Mr. Mukul Sinha (Head- Projects Delivery, Tata Power Solar), Prof. L. M. Das (IIT Delhi), Mr. Sushanta K. Chatterjee (Jt. Chief, Regulatory Affairs, CERC), Dr. Srikanta K. Panigrahi (Director General, Carbon Minus India), Mr. Sumant Sinha (CEO ReNew Power) and many more. This technical symposium has kept growing bigger with each passing year and we take pride in continuing the legacy by presenting to you REtopia 2017.
Key Events in REtopia 2017:
1. EXPERT SESSIONS
2. UDAAN - Ideas of Change
3. PARIKALPANA - Renewable Energy Design Challenge
4. YUKTI - Troubleshooting Renewable Energy Problems
5. SUCHNA - Photography Competition
6. DRISHTIKON - Poster Presentation
7. Dhwani - Group Discussion and Debate
List of Speakers in REtopia 2017:
1. Dr. Junaid Ahmad, India Country Director, World Bank
2. Mr. Sunil Kumar Soonee, Advisor, Power System Operation Corporation Ltd. (POSOCO)
3. Dr. Ravi Segal, Business Leader, India, ASEAN, China,Energy Consulting, India, GE Power
4. Dr. Rajib Kumar Mishra, Director (Marketing and Business Development), PTC India Ltd.
5. Mr. Rajiv Ranjan Mishra, Managing Director, CLP India Pvt. Ltd.
6. Mr. H. C. Vinayaka, General Manager (Technical & Sustainability), ITC Hotels
7. Ms. Pooja Shukla, Senior Manager (Technical), Green Business Certification Institute (GBCI) Pvt. Ltd, India
8. Dr. Ajay Mathur, Director General, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
9. Mr. Binish Desai, Founder & Chairman, Eco-Eclectic Technologies, BDream Group
10. Mr. Kapil Mandawewala, Founder & CEO, Edible Routes
11. Mr. Sandeep Pandey, Co-Founder & CEO, Mera Gao Power
Registration fee: INR 100 (One-day), INR 200 (Two-Day), fee exemption for TERI University students
Accommodation: Contact event coordinators for more details
Meals: All meals during the even duration will be covered for participants only.
For registration, please visit the REtopia 2017 website: http://www.retopia.co.in
For updates, follow the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TERI.REtopia/
Organised by: Department of Energy and Environment, TERI University, Plot No. 10, Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, Delhi 110070