Practical Energy Audit Training Programme
The Industrial Energy Efficiency Division of TERI Southern Regional Centre, Bengaluru, conducted a Practical Energy Audit Training Programme on 16th and 17th January 2020. Over 55 participants, including delegates from the government, industry and academia participated, in this event. The programme focused on encouraging focussed discussion and knowledge sharing among various stakeholders such as industry representatives, energy and building consultants, instrument and equipment suppliers, and domain experts with respect to energy auditing and energy management.
The platform provided an opportunity for participants to clarify queries about existing operational practices and adopting energy efficiency measures. In addition, case studies from several energy audits conducted by TERI were also presented . The case studies focused on identifying energy saving potentials and following best practices with respect to choice of right technologies and equipment operations.
Some of the highlights of the workshop were
- 55 participants from industry (71%), other consultants (13%) and academia (16%) attended the programme
- Industry sector participants included representatives from Engineering, Cement, Glass, Pharma, Food and Packaging, Textiles, Chloro-Alkali and Chemical, Iron and Steel and Petroleum sectors
- Inaugural address was delivered by the Chief Guest Mr. Garikipati Venkateswara Rao, Executive Director, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) – Facility Management Division, Bengaluru.
- 12 technical sessions by accredited and certified energy auditors of IEE TERI SRC and 4 sponsor presentations were accepted and appreciated by the participants
- Overall 96.3 % of the participants have found the training program good or excellent with respect to the content, programme objectives, presentation, interaction and relatability.
- Around 28% of the participants have conveyed their interest in taking up energy audit services from TERI