Analyzing implications of land-use-change coupled with climate change on surface runoff using a hydrological model: Case study of Goa
November 6, 2017
The overall objective for the proposed work is to assess the impact of the land-use-change and projected climatic changes on the near surface hydrology across a watershed in Goa.
The specific objectives of the proposed work are to:
1. Develop a modelling protocol that couples future climate data for different scenarios with a hydrologic model simulating stream flow;
2. Apply the modelling protocol to the study area on the watershed scale. Calibrate and validate the model for the proposed study area;
November 5, 2017
The project aims to use established modelling techniques for spatial mapping of air pollutants in the city of Delhi using the data of existing monitoring stations. The spatial maps will provide information about air pollutant levels in all locations of the city. This will help in identification of air pollution hotspots in the city in order to take corrective actions. The project also aims to test the air quality models for forecasting at certain locations, which will help in generating public advisories.
November 1, 2017
The report provides insights and perspectives on how policy and businesses have to come together towards closing the loop. The report presents specific opportunities in four sectors that are cornerstones to the Indian economy – Agriculture, Automotive, Construction and Electronic & Electricals. These sectors have high potential for growth and are assessed for benefits accrued by adopting circular economy.
September 1, 2017
The project aims to
(1) Conduct energy audit of six EAF units
(2) Develop a technology package compendium 'Energy efficient technology packages for electric arc furnace', and
(3) Develop a booklet 'Ready reckoner on energy efficient technology packages for electric arc furnace'.
September 1, 2017
The aim of the project is to develop and promote a market environment for introducing energy inefficiencies and enhanced use of renewable energy technologies in process applications in 12 selected energy-intensive MSME clusters in India with expansion to more clusters later. This is to improve the productivity and competitiveness of units, as well as to reduce overall carbon emissions and improve the local environment.
August 21, 2017
Brahmaputra River Symposium 2017 is structured around the theme Knowledge Beyond Borders.
August 18, 2017
The mian objectives of this study are to:
1. Identify the taxes and subsidies on the oil and gas and renewable energy sectors in India;
2. Understand and evaluate the overall tax and its impact on energy prices and the impact of change in the tax structure on the growth of different sectors and the overall economy.
August 1, 2017
This research and innovation programme will deliver new technologies and robust evidence on the critical barriers hampering systemic change and scaling up energy access, working with Southern researchers and entrepreneurs, to drive locally relevant innovation and delivery. This will have a transformative impact on deploying renewable energy solutions in developing countries, especially in South Asia and Africa.
Development of sludge free, clean, green and cost-effective technology at bench-scale for treatment of textile and dyeing industry effluent
July 18, 2017
The main objectives of this project are:
1. To develop a bench scale photocatalytic reactor (PCR) specifically targeting such organic dyes which are in dissolved state, highly toxic, recalcitrant/non-biodegradable in nature and constitution, present in the effluent of textile & dyeing Industry.
Development of polyolefin composites loaded with co-microencapsulated intumescent fire retardant system along with nanosized wear resistant additives
July 17, 2017
In this study a high temperature charring agent i.e. propane terephthalamide will be synthesized. This will be co-micro encapsulated with APP in melamine-formaldehyde resin. The microcapsules thus developed will be blended along with nanosized silicon nitride in LLDPE, PP, LDPE and HDPE. The microcapsules will enhance the fire retardancy. Thus, the developed blend will have effective fire retardancy.