TERI-DST training programme on 'Promoting Sustainability Through Science'
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) with the support of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), would be conducting four training programmes under the scheme of "National Programme for training of Scientists and Technologists working in Government Sector" in 2018-2019.
The broad objectives of the training programmes are:
- To enable scientists and technologists to understand the emerging policies, practices and implementation mechanisms in the field of Sustainable development, energy, sustainable habitats and climate change,
- Create awareness about new policies, practices and business models that enable application of science and technology with the view to achieve sustainability,
- To enhance the knowledge and skills of participants and provide them multi-disciplinary perspective and a solutions based approach.
The programme would focus on supporting scientists and technologists in enabling large scale dissemination of technologies and practices that promote sustainable development in the following sectors- Renewable energy and energy efficiency Climate Change Sustainable Agriculture and Water.
The approach would be to assess how sustainable implementation models can be created in each sector which enables upscaling so that national transformation occurs. For example, in the Renewable energy and Energy efficiency areas, we would focus on R&D, technology development, policy interventions, business models and capacity building that have enabled large scale transformations in Photovoltaic and LED applications. Similarly in the water and agriculture sectors role of superior planting materials, organic agriculture(Biofertilisers & biopesticides) and increasing resource efficiency in agriculture would illustrate the challenges of large scale transformation based on science and technological inputs that promote sustainable development.
- Pedagogical Approach:
- Intensive one day Sectoral analysis - Renewable Energy, Climate Change and Sustainable Agriculture
- Case studies from practitioners and policymakers for each sector
- Field visits to:
- TERI Gram
Course Dates with Duration in Weeks
From: 25 February 2019
To: 1 March 2019
In weeks: 5 days
Who can Apply
Scientists / technologists holding scientific posts / working in Scientific Ministries / Departments of Govt. of India and State Government, Autonomous Institutions / Public Sector Undertakings of Central / State Governments, Research and Development Institutions / Research Laboratories of Central / State Governments, Central / State Universities, State Science & Technology Councils.
For details visit here
How to Apply
Selected candidates will be informed by mail well before the starting of the course.