Training Programme on Testing and Quality Assurance of Solar Lighting Systems as per IEC/TS 62257-9-5:2013
A six days training programme on 'Testing and Quality Assurance of Solar Lighting Systems as per IEC/TS 62257-9-5:2013' was conducted between 23th to 28th February 2015 at TERI University, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. The training programme was organized by TERI's Solar Lighting Laboratory to share the knowledge and procedure on 'Quality Assurance'.
The key objective of this training programme was to impart both theoretical and practical training to professionals involved with Manufacturing, Testing and Distribution of Stand-alone Lighting Systems. Specify quality assurance strategies and in-depth understanding of test methodology. Also help them make the right choice and get maximum value from their investments.
The primary focus of the training programme were
- Different types of Stand-alone Lighting System batteries and their applications.
- Instrumentation for testing of Stand-alone Lighting System in laboratory.
- Various factors affecting the performance of a Stand-alone Lighting System.
- Hands-on session for test method and analysis of test data.
- Calculation of battery capacity and efficiency for various batteries.
- Performance analysis of Solar PV modules using Sun Simulator.
- Calculating the autonomy for different charging mechanism, such as solar charging, grid charging and mechanical charging.
- Measurement of light distribution parameter such as full-width half-maximum (FWHM) angles and illumination over a surface.
- Perform light output test to measure luminous flux, colour correlation temperature and colour rendering index using the Integrating Sphere.
Mr Tatek Shiferaw from the Ethiopian Conformity Assessment Enterprise (ECAE, Ethiopia), Mr Evan Kimani and Ms Teddy Nalubega from the Strathmore University (SERC, Kenya) and Mr Aditya Vardan from the Simpa Power (Noida, India) participated in the training program. The training faculties from TERI were Mr Arvind Sharma, Mr Richie Stephen and Ms Lakshita.