Applicable for candidates registered with a recognized university or an institute of
Environment Education and Awareness Area at TERI sensitizes students and youth on major environmental issues through informal mode of engagements. A leading example of this engagement is GREEN Olympiad - an annual environment examination conducted by TERI since 1999. GREEN Olympiad is designed in an innovative manner so as to test the knowledge level of students in the field of environment, and in turn create awareness about key environment issues touching their daily lives. This annual initiative has proven to be an excellent tool to sensitize students on environmental problems, reaching out to geographical regions across the country.
GREEN Olympiad inspires academic fraternity to incorporate various aspects of 'environment and sustainable development' within confines of academic campuses. In its 20th year of existence, we are launching GO4Youth which is aimed to reach out to students at undergraduate and post graduate level. An overarching aim is to evaluate knowledge quotient of youth about environment and sustainability and orient them towards environment consciousness.
GREEN Olympiad falls within the scope of 'Goal 4 - Target 7' (SDG 4.7) which states, ‘ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all'. GO4Youth will be an online examination. It will comprise of multiple choice questions that test students' knowledge, application and analytical skills; and simultaneously spreads awareness on various topics related to environment. Participants will be awarded with certificates. Top performing students will get a chance for internship at TERI or other partner institutions. However, the final decision will be made at the sole discretion of TERI.
REGISTER FOR GO4YOUTH
- GO4Youth is an online examination comprising multiple choice questions that tests the environment knowledge, aptitude and attitude of students. Subject based questions with a core range of issues related to water, waste, energy, air, agriculture, urban landscapes, biodiversity, climate change, and sustainable development are included in the examination. In addition to these, questions to assess student’s environment quotient related to personal choices and behaviour will also be included.
- Students who are registered with a recognized university or an institute of higher learning and pursuing graduation or post-graduation under any stream are eligible to apply for this online examination.
- Only individual registration will be accepted from students.
GO4Youth examination is divided into the following 2 sections:
Sections Questions Number of questions Score Section I Logical, reasoning, behavioral assessment, and application based questions 30 60 Section II Subject matter questions 20 40
- Duration of the examination is only 30 minutes and the language will be English.
- Students who wish to register for the examination should choose a convenient slot from the application form. A username and password will be issued to each applicant, so as to take the examination from anywhere at their convenience. However, applicants can appear only on the designated slot /time, which cannot be changed at any circumstances
- After filling and submitting your application, the page will automatically take you to the payment getaway page, where the applicant can pay the registration fees of INR 150/- (non-refundable) through any available mode of online transaction. A system generated receipt will also be sent to the applicant’s registered e-mail id on successful completion of application.
- Result will be posted on Green Olympiad website (teriin.org/olympiad). Each participant will receive e-Certificate (Distinction / Merit / Participation as per the marks scored by each participant) and the same can be downloaded from the website through their user id and password.
- Special incentives and rewards are also given to suitable candidates for promotion of 'GO4Youth' within their network.
- Last date for registration is 20 February 2020. Applications received after the due date will not be considered.