GREEN Olympiad 2021- 2022
Registration form for Levels 1, 2, 3 & 4
To raise environmental consciousness and instill sustainability linked choices amongst youth, TERI undertakes several education and awareness building initiatives. GREEN Olympiad is a step in this direction, and since 1999 this initiative reaches out to over 2000 schools with a participation of approximately 2,00,000 students annually. The Olympiad is for students of Std. 4-12 from schools in India and abroad.
GREEN Olympiad is a premier MCQ based examination on environment and sustainable development and draws its linkage with UN Decade of ESD and Global Action Programme (GAP). It also addresses 'Goal 4 - Target 7' (SDG 4.7) which states, ‘ensure all learners acquire knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including among others through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship, and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development’ by 2030.
GREEN Olympiad has a massive outreach since its inception. It is not restricted to schools in India, but participation is also seen from schools in Australia (West), Bangladesh, Bhutan, Fiji, Indonesia, Iran, Kingdom of Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Kuwait, Mexico D.F., Nepal, Russia, Singapore, State of Qatar, Sultanate of Oman, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, The Bahamas, Turkey, and Turkmenistan.
In 2021, GREEN Olympiad envisages inclusion of an additional theme of ‘Green Skills’, which are essential for an overall growth and enhancement of employability of youth. A need is felt to mainstream green skills within the learning ecosystem of children from an early age. GREEN Olympiad has created a strategic alliance with National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC) along with endorsements from UNESCO Global Action Programme on Education for Sustainable Development, Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEF&CC), UNESCO New Delhi, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan (BVB), Army Welfare Education Trust, SCERT Goa, and several other education departments.
Please read the following instructions carefully before filling the form:
- Schools / Students can register for GREEN Olympiad only if students have a valid and unique email ID. It is compulsory to have unique e-mail ID for students because information related to the examination will be sent only on this ID.
- GREEN Olympiad 2021 will cover two issues of topical interest:
(i) Environment and Sustainable Development
(ii) Green Skills + Environment and Sustainable Development
- Questions related to the following sub topics will be covered:
(i) Environment & Sustainable Development: Water, waste, energy, air, agriculture, forests, biodiversity, health, climate change, traditional wisdom, and other issues related to sustainable development.
(ii) Green Skills: 21st century skills, green infrastructure, , circular economy, agriculture, forestry, oceans, fisheries, renewable energy, biofuels, packaging and processing, green technologies, green jobs and policies.
- GREEN Olympiad examination will comprise of multiple choice questions. There is no negative marking.
- Schools affiliated to a recognized education board/trust can register for this Olympiad.
- Individual registrations from students will also be accepted.
- Students from Standard IV – XII can appear for either one or both themes in the following levels
(i) Level 1 - Std. IV & V
(ii) Level 2 - Std. VI, VII & VIII
(iii) Level 3 - Std. IX & X
(iv) Level 4 - Std. XI & XII
- Duration of the examination is 60 minutes, and the language will be in English.
- Students can appear only on the chosen date and time, which cannot be changed later under any circumstances.
- Schools/students are requested to check the project website for regular updates
- Computer/Laptop with high speed internet facility should be available with students to appear for this online examination.
- Results will be available online. All registered participants will receive certificate of Distinction/ Merit/ participation based on their performance immediately after the examination.
- Duration of Examination: 1 Hour (between 1000 Hrs. to 1900 Hrs. IST)
- Last date for Registration: 20th October 2021
|Environment and Sustainable Development||10th to 15th November 2021|
|Green skills + Environment and Sustainable Development||6th to 11th December 2021|
|Environment and Sustainable Development|
|Students enrolled in schools based in India||INR 100/-|
|Students enrolled in schools based outside India||USD 4|
|Green skills + Environment and Sustainable Development|
|Students enrolled in schools based in India||INR 150/-|
|Students enrolled in schools based outside India||USD 6|
|School Registration||Individual Registration|
|Schools will have to fill the registration form theme wise. However they can fill the details of all the students in multiple levels at a time.||Individuals are free to choose either environment & sustainable development theme or both the themes (environment & sustainable development and green skills) in their form.|
|Schools can enter details of maximum 100 students per theme at a time. In case there are more than 100 students, they will be required to fill another form/s accordingly. This arrangement is undertaken to control the backend technical issues.||There is no upper limit for individual students from the same school.|
|Students should have a unique email id during registration. Email id of parents / friends / siblings is acceptable, only if it is not used for this year’s registration. Schools and coordinating teachers’ email id is only required where asked in the form.||Students should have a unique email id during registration. Email id of parents / friends / siblings is acceptable, only if it is not used for this year’s registration by any other participant.|
|Schools will have to select a single date and time for all their students to appear for their examination. The date and time slot selected by the school/s will NOT be changed in any circumstances.||Students can choose a convenient date and time in the application form. The date and time slot selected by the participant/s will NOT be changed in any circumstances.|
|Teacher coordinators will receive certificate of appreciation.||No certificate will be issued to teachers.|
|During filling the registration form and making payment, an amount of INR 5/- or USD 0.50 per student (towards expenditure for coordinating the online examination at school level) will be automatically retained by the school/s.||No such deduction will occur in individual registrations.|
For any further clarification related to the GREEN Olympiad, kindly contact: