GREEN Olympiad 2019
Registration form for Level 1, 2 & 3: Applicable for classes IV - X
GREEN Olympiad is organized annually by TERI since 1999. This programme has received support from the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), and other educational boards / trusts over the years. GREEN Olympiad is also endorsed by UNESCO, New Delhi.
|Date(s) of Examination
||18 September 2019 OR 16 October 2019
(Now School can opt 16 October ONLY)
|Duration||1 Hour (10:00 am – 11:00 am IST)|
|Last date for Registration||20 August 2019|
|Language||Bilingual - English and Hindi|
Please read the instructions carefully before filling up this Registration Form:
- GREEN Olympiad is an environment examination comprising objective questions that test environment awareness and analytical skills of students. Questions on a range of issues related to water, waste, energy, air, agriculture, urban landscapes, biodiversity, climate change, and sustainable development are included in the examination.
- Schools affiliated to a recognized education board/trust can register for this Olympiad.
- Individual registration will not be accepted from students. They can register only through their schools.
- Students from classes IV – X can participate in this Olympiad through respective levels (Level 1- classes IV & V; Level 2- classes VI, VII & VIII; Level 3- classes IX & X). Schools can either fill in the Registration Form which is available, or register 'Online' through the project website.
- Each school will be a center for its registered students, and can nominate any number of students for this examination at each level. However, participation of a minimum number of 10 students per level is mandatory. Examination material will be delivered directly to schools closer to the date of examination.
- Results will be posted to schools and also available online. All participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Participation/Merit or Distinction’ depending on their individual performance. Coordinating teachers will also receive ‘Certificate of Appreciation’. Information related to awards and incentives are available on the project website. Schools are encouraged to check the website regularly for updates. Schools are also requested to remember the code issued by TERI to them to access online results.
- The 'Registration Form' is applicable for 3 Levels (students from classes 4 to 10).
- Please ensure that the participant’s details (name, class and email [if available]) for all levels should be combined in 'one file' (CSV format), and the same may be uploaded.
- Only write numerical numbers to mention their class,(Roman Letters will not be accepted by the system). Also please do not use serial number, space or any other special characters in the CSV file.
- The participant’s details should be accurate because the same data will be used for preparing attendance sheet and Certificate etc.
- One teacher per level can be nominated - i.e. if the school is participating in 3 levels, 3 teachers can be nominated. However, the names should be filled in the prescribed column and put comma (,) after each name.
Examination fee for schools located in India
- Each participating student has to pay Rs 75/- 'Registration Fee' to his/her school. After deducting Rs. 5/- per student (towards expenditure for conducting examination in their school premises), school has to pay the total registration fee (i. e. Rs. 70/- × number of participating students) through a Bank Draft drawn in favour of TERI, payable at New Delhi. Cash/ cheque will not be accepted. Online transfer can also be made to the account provided below.
- If the payment is made by online transfer, the details like NEFT/RTGS date, amount, UTR No / Transaction ID, name of the Bank, name of the person/institution etc. should be communicated to TERI.
Examination fee for schools located outside India
- In order to facilitate a smooth conduct of examination in schools outside India, TERI offers Green Olympiad in a dual medium –i.e. 'Paper Mode' and 'Online Mode'. A school can opt for any one of these categories, and the registration fee will also vary accordingly.
- Paper Mode - Each participating student has to pay USD 5 (or equivalent INR) ‘Registration Fee’ to his/her school. After deducting $ 0.50 per student (towards expenditure for conducting examination in their school premises), a school has to pay the total registration fee (i.e. USD 4.5 [or equivalent INR] × number of participating students) electronically to the account mentioned below:
- Online Mode - Each participating student has to pay USD 3 (or equivalent INR) ‘Registration Fee’ to his/her school. After deducting $ 0.50 per student (towards expenditure for conducting examination in their school premises), a school has to pay the total registration fee (i.e. USD 2.5 [or equivalent INR] × number of participating students) electronically to the account mentioned below:.
- Online transfer details like NEFT/RTGS date, amount, UTR No / Transaction ID, name of the Bank, name of the person/institution etc. should be communicated to TERI.
Bank details for remittance:
|Name of the A/C Holder||The Energy and Resources Institute|
|Name of the Bank and address||Citibank, Jeevan Bharti Building, 4th Floor, 124 Connaught Circus, Connaught Place, New Delhi- 110001, India|
Registration form/s along with list of participants, bank draft / proof of online payment should reach TERI by 31 July 2019 at the given address.
Environment Education and Awareness Area
Green Olympiad Secretariat The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
Darbari Seth Block, IHC Complex
Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003, India