India can achieve 30% of variable renewable energy generation by 2030 at no extra cost: ETC India report
13 Feb 2019
Potential to reach 45% zero carbon generation, including hydro and nuclear ...while more than doubling electricity consumption ...and not raising consumer costs
13 Feb 2019
- Six EU Member States and key institutions to join IEWP in its effort to support river rejuvenation project in India within the India-EU Water Partnership
- 50 EU and Indian businesses come together to explore opportunities in the Indian water sector
12 Feb 2019
New Delhi, February 12, 2019: As one of the thematic tracks of WSDS 2019, TERI and the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) , under the aegis of International Climate Initiative (IKI) and the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), held the session "Leveraging the 'Co-benefits' of Renewable Energy in India – Report Launch".
India on track to fulfilling climate commitments: Harsh Vardhan at World Sustainable Development Summit 2019
11 Feb 2019
Resource Efficiency Cell in collaboration with TERI to help frame blueprint for national integrated resource efficiency policy
- Hon'ble Prime Minister of Fiji Frank Bainimarama conferred with 'Sustainable Development Leadership Award 2019'
- The World Sustainable Development Summit 2019 to reiterate India's vision for a greener tomorrow and to focus on energy transitions, clean oceans, mobilising development finance, environmental sustainability and sustainable mobility
TERI and STEAG launch Containerised Solar PV Solutions to provide clean energy to off-grid populations
04 Feb 2019
The system is expected to generate around 10,000 kWh per year and will remain on display near the TERI building in India Habitat Centre, New Delhi till the World Sustainable Development Summit
01 Feb 2019
Though an interim budget, it includes some new schemes that can have far reaching impact. An important one is the scheme of cash transfer to farmers. The scheme could have been made conditional to performance on specific state-relevant issues like linking it to land improvement, water use efficiency or region specific performance like management of crop residue in states like Punjab, Haryana and UP. This could have also been linked to MGNREGA (e.g.
Women self-help group of Pathardi village, facilitated by TERI, showcase novel fortified food products at Mahalaxmi Saras
23 Jan 2019
- An effort to create livelihood opportunities ,60 families have been directly benefitted in Pathardi village
- Mahalaxmi Saras Exhibition in Mumbai showcased nutritious food items by women of Pathardi
- Till now, 4 products have been fortified with Spinach, Mushroom and Spirulina have been distributed in the village
- TERI plans to speak with the concerned ministers and urge them to include Spirulina chocolates in the mid-day meal scheme to provide nutrition to the children
Northeast India has the most potential for bio-economy: Dr Renu Swarup, Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, at TERI event
22 Jan 2019
Her lecture was part of TERI's celebration of 25 years of its Northeastern Regional Centre in Guwahati
Guwahati, January 22: Northeast India has the maximum potential for bio-economy and the Eastern Himalayas can take the sector forward in the country, Dr Renu Swarup, Secretary, Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt of India, said on Tuesday.
TERI launches its Solar Rooftop Project & lays the Foundation Stone of the TERI-Maxop Solar Water Pump and Testing Laboratory
16 Jan 2019
- TERI and Fourth Partner Energy to offer end-to-end services in solar installations to assist industrial and commercial clients in evaluation, design, planning, financing & implementation of solar roof top projects across India
- Around 3 lakh units to be generated annually from solar plant resulting in greenhouse gas (GHG) savings of 272 tonnes of CO2 per year
11 Jan 2019
Cycling for short distances can result in an annual benefit of INR 1.8 trillion to the Indian economy, which is equivalent to 1.6% of India's annual GDP
- Shifting only half of all the short-distance work trips, which typically take place through cars and two-wheelers, to cycling can result in massive savings in the fuel expenditure. This analysis undertaken for 2015-16 revealed that India could save INR 27 billion from personal fuel savings (refer Figure 7a in the report), 0.35 MTOE annually and reduce CO2 emissions.