River Show of the Project "From Hope to Action"
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) and Bancroft Arnesen Explore (BAE) are proud to invite students, teachers and communities for the River Show as part of project From Hope to Action (A TERI- BAE initiative). From Hope to Action is an educational programme that proposes to generate awareness on River Ganga amongst the school community in six cities along the river Ganga - Rishikesh, Kanpur, Allahabad, Varanasi, Patna and Kolkata.
The project aims to engage students in workshops, competitions, discussions and other interactive hands- on- activities through its River Shows which will be organised along the banks of the river corresponding to the expedition route. A large number of students, teachers, parents and communities other than the member schools will also be gathered for these activities. Through the project we hope to develop positive ethos on River Ganga and to revive the connection between the river and its immediate beneficiaries.
- To conduct awareness programme on river Ganga in selected schools from urban and peri- urban areas.
- To conduct gap analysis to identify problems and map locally relevant action plans for river improvement.
- To develop a multi-stakeholder engagement towards river Ganga, with schools as the fulcrum.
- To promote joy of learning and positive ethos through non- formal modes of education like river shows, resource material, folklores, etc.
- To sensitize the school community about the global initiatives taken to conserve water resources.
Calendar for the Series of Event of River Shows:
27 October - Rishikesh
6 November - Kanpur
13 November - Allahabad
17 November - Varanasi
23 November - Patna
4 December - Kolkata
Category: Any Other