10th Asia Pacific RCE Meet & Symposium on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
RCE Delhi, Environment and Education Awareness Area of TERI is hosting a 3 day Residential Asia Pacific Meeting & Symposium in collaboration with Regional Centre of Expertise (RCE) & United Nations University-Institute for Advanced Studies (UNU-IAS) on November 2-4 2017, with the aim to build ESD (Education for Sustainable Development) Leadership.
Major objectives behind organisation of this program are:
- Foster collaborative thought processes and have a network of people with shared vision about sustainability issues.
- Offer a platform for designing sustainable solutions by empowering ESD leaders to address observed and anticipated challenges.
- Build a network of like-minded people to act as peer educators and role models to ensure a socially responsible and pro-environment collective voice.
- Motivate the participants to take up environment improvement action projects at their community level.
Around 80 participants from Asia Pacific region (Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Pacific Island Countries, Republic of Korea, Thailand and Vietnam will participate in this residential program.
The meet would focus on primarily the following SDGs:
- SDG 3 Good Health & Well Being
- SDG 4 Quality Education for All
- SDG 7 Affordable & Clean Energy
- SDG 12 Responsible Consumption & Production
- SDG 13 Climate Action