Hands-on Training-cum-Workshop on Mycorrhizal Research Techniques for Sustainable Agriculture and Forestry
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), New Delhi, with support from the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, is organizing a Hands-on Training-cum-Workshop on Mycorrhizal Research Techniques.
The course will be held from 21-23 February,2018 at two places, viz., (i) The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi and (ii) The RETREAT, TERI Gram, Gual Pahiri, Gurgaon-Faridabad Road, Gurgaon, Haryana. A certificate of successful completion will be provided upon conclusion of the programme.
The specific areas include:
- Basic work, involving isolation and identification of mycorrhiza;
- Applied work, involving selection, culture and inoculation of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi under nursery and field conditions;
- Advanced techniques, involving molecular and biochemical tools; and
- Promoting understanding on the relevance of mycorrhizal research in the Indian context.
The participants will be trained on the different aspects of mycorrhizal fungi. Practical laboratory sessions will be supported by lectures and discussions. This will include:
- Recovery and quantitative estimation of AM (arbuscular mycorrhizal) spores from soil
- Image analysis of AM spores
- Assessment of intraradical colonization by AM fungi
- Trap culturing and monosporal culturing for AM
- Biochemical and molecular characterization of AM fungi
- Bio-safety issues
- Impact of IPR (intellectual property right) regimes on agricultural biotechnology issues
Technical manuals containing all experimental protocols will be provided to the participants.
Researchers and budding scientists who are engaged in the field of mycorrhiza research; Technologists and middle-level scientists from government; Agriculturists (who are involved in organic farming); Agricultural Technology Information Centre, ICAR; Students and Faculty from State Agricultural Universities; Farmer-Entrepreneurs and Extension workers;Development agencies (Non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations); Other stakeholders
- The registration fee is Rs 8,000 per participant (additional registration from the same organization qualifies for 10% discount).
- Registration fee does not include accommodation.
- Accommodation can be arranged on request.
- Registration will be confirmed after receiving the registration fee.
- The registration fee covers admission to training workshop/lab sessions, training material (laboratory manual), interactive coffee breaks, lunches, GST.
Enrolment is for (short-listed) 25 participants on first-come-first-served basis.